Quranic Verse

The Originator of the heavens and the earth! When He decreeth a thing, He saith unto it only: Be! and it is. (Surah 2, Verse 117)

Monday, August 31, 2009

Ramadan Post: #8

Assalam u alaikum!

I'm currently reading a book by Syed Hossein Nasr called A Young Muslim's Guide to the Modern World.  I'm enjoying it though haven't finished reading it-- but in the meantime I would like to share a quote from it that is inspirational for all Humans (those who take the time to reflect), not just Muslims. 

In a profound sense one might say that the whole of nature is muslim, meaning that it has surrendered itself totally to the Will of Allah.  All creatures follow the nature which Allah has given to them.  A pear tree always bears pears, a fish always remains true to nature of the fish and a bird to that of the bird.  It is only man who has been given the freedom of rebellion against his own primordial nature.  Therefore, the created world or the world of nature is a constant reminder to man of what it means to be a perfect Muslim in the sense of being surrendered to Allah's Will.
 Ma Salama!

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for the reference, never heard of the writer.. I just looked him up and I’m very interested to find out more about him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A choice quote, I'd say. You'll see me around your blog every while, with pleasure.

    hugs,
    Q

    ReplyDelete
  3. JazakaAllahu khairun! Is it a good read?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Faith--He's a very interesting Islamic expert. I hadn't heard of him until several months ago when I happened to watch a youtube video of him. Then, I happened to start reading his books. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Constructive Attitude & Aisha Aapi--The book is pretty interesting though I think a tad scholarly. I'm a little slow on the reading but as soon as I finish I plan on doing a book review.

    ReplyDelete

Assalam u alaikum! Please share your thoughts.

Comment Policy:
Comments on this blog are made DOFOLLOW for the Google Spiders.
Comments are moderated.
Spam will not be tolerated.

Thank you! =)